Open Source Base Station and CRAN
- Implemented based on Openairinterface
- Compatible with 3GPP standard protocols and can be flexibly expanded
- Adopt the CU-DU-RRU three-level architecture, split the baseband processing unit (BBU) and the underlying functions of the PHY layer are concentrated to the RRU
- Support communicating with commercial UEs with a single user data rate of 10 Mbps (defined by 3GPP as high data rate requirements)
- Support dynamic scheduling of RRU nodes
- Support seamless switching of users within the coverage
- Support RRU coordinated transmission and reception in flexible DU domain
Open Source 5G Core Networks
5G will open a fully connected, full-service era, the core network plays a vital role in the 5G network, it will be the full access and full service enablement center. On the one hand, by shielding the differentiation of network access, the current network-centric service model is transformed into a user-centric service model; on the other hand, the 5G network can be serviced on a network basis for services in various industries.
In order to meet the needs of multiple vertical industries and eMBB, 3GPP has completely defined the 5G core network. The key technologies and capabilities of the network architecture are as follows.
- Serviceization: The 5G control plane adopts a service architecture, and the control plane function is decoupled and reconstructed into multiple network functions, and services are defined for each network function
- Control plane modularization: The control plane function is further modularized. The separation of MM and SM is realized by AMF and SMF, and the authentication part function is independent of AUSF entity.
- User plane normalization: The 5G architecture inherits the 4G control plane user plane separation (CUPS) feature, and the user plane entity is normalized to UPF, and there is no difference in SGW/PGW.
- Network slicing: meet the needs of different application scenarios, resource isolation between slices, and each slice function is customized as needed
- MEC support: 5G strengthens the support for MEC, and can access the local network through uplink offload (ULCL) and Multi-Homing.
- Unified authentication: 3GPP and non-3GPP access adopt a unified authentication mechanism to unify NAS.
Openness of Network Architecture and Capabilities
- Design the API gateway system for 5G network capability based on the 3GPP R15 5G network architecture to realize 5G service component registration and message distribution.
- Study the service communication mechanism and service discovery mechanism based on API gateway.
- Design the API gateway system communication protocol from the transport layer, application layer and data layer respectively, and compare the performance with the mainstream communication protocol to optimize the service interface protocol.